Metal Bond - 1 Quart
- * Paint latex over bare metal without priming or DTM paint
- * Great for use on aluminum, stainless steel, galvanized steel and carbon steel
- SHAKE WELL FOR AT LEAST 30 SECONDS
- PRETREAT - Pretreating the surface with the Metal Bond latex paint additive will effectively clean and assist adhesion of the latex paint to the project surface:
- Apply the Metal Bond product to a clean, lint free cotton rag and wipe the surface with a moderate amount of product. Regularly reapply the product onto fresh, clean areas of the rag during the process to assure that the surface is properly prepared and change rags as dirt is absorbed onto the rag. Reapply the product until the rag comes away from the metal surface reasonably clean. Very glossy or smooth metal surfaces typically require pretreatment with a scrubbing pad instead of a rag. Any further cleaning of the surface before or after application is not necessary. Appropriate gloves are recommended. No pretreatment is recommended if the product is used in a multipurpose primer and the metal surface is well prepared.
- After pretreating, allow the surface to dry for 1-2 hours, depending on conditions.
- ADD TO LATEX PAINT:
- Begin by adding 16 oz. of the Metal Bond latex paint additive to one gallon of Latex paint. Stir well.
- Apply the latex paint with Metal Bond additive to project surface using brush, roller or spray. We recommend at least 6-10 mil thick wet paint application in the first coat (3-5 mil dry film thickness). The paint will adhere in about 1-2 hours longer than the recommended recoat time.
- Recoat as desired. On galvanized metal or stainless steel, we recommend using two coats. Only the first coat needs to be treated with Metal Bond latex paint additive. For outdoor applications or in areas of high moisture, use the product in the second coat of paint at the same thickness as above. The paint will withstand typical use in 7-14 days but may need up to 30 days to reach maximum hardness.
NOTE: Metal Bond can also be used on surfaces that include both bare metal and previously painted metal surfaces. Ensure any loose paint is removed and apply Metal Bond as directed by pretreating and adding to the first coat of paint.
NOTE: For use in spray equipment - Add the Latex paint with Metal Bond additive as directed and dilute as necessary with extra water to meet the viscosity requirement for your spray equipment per the manufacturer’s directions.
It is the user’s responsibility to determine whether this product suits the purpose of the user’s application.